Due to uncontrollable circumstances, the Annual Glen Challenge, scheduled for 5/24-27/2013 is being cancelled... Please note that ALL money is being refunded for any paid athlete that has pre-paid for the 2013 event. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have lead to, Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or if you do not see your refund applied to your card within 30 days.. Sincerely, David Perry
David GlenChallenge Perry Writes:
It's OFFICIAL... we will be hosting a 2013 Annual Glen Challenge Festival next year on Memorial Day weekend! A few things we are working on for 2013 are as follows:
1) A Saturday "Endurance" trail run/race. This course is a blend of all the trails the glen has to offer put into one large loop with no intersections and no re-running of any of the trails... The course has been shortened from the X-pert XC course in that the Pond Climb has been removed and a few technical spots that are not passable on foot have been eliminated to come up with a great "approximate" half marathon distance! Don't get me wrong, this is no "walk in the park" course and the times are going to be slightly longer than your average 1/2 marathon trail run!
Sunday will still feature the same 5 mile trail run/race as well). This event will be held on approx. 4 mile course (course is still being adapted with input from local runners) and will be a primarily singletrack course with only natural obstacles. The challenge is simple, mass start run through the woods with approx. 400ft of elevation change up AND down within the course. Course is being designed to be challenging yet fun for all levels of competitors! PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE A 1 MILE ROAD START TO THIN OUT PACK BEFORE ENTERING THE 4 MILES OF TRAIL DUE TO HOW TIGHT THE SINGLETRACK IS! PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION
2) Split Awards Ceremonies
3) Improved DH race course with more downhill portions and technical sections added to give the gravity freaks more to enjoy before the middle "super d" portion
4) Earlier start time sunday to move all the races forward 1 hour
5) expanded camping options
6) MORE SPONSORS!!!! (apparently $2000 cash and $2500 in prizes wasn't enough last year :)
7) Looking for Acoustic bands to perform Saturday night
8) Extended Camping days (friday-monday)
9) Extended XC mountainbike course to include the WHOLE N.E. Territory and the infamous "pond climb"... Last years classes all averaged about 1hr 30 min times, this should put each class averaging about 2 hr. laps!
TUNE IN for updates. Register Now on Bikereg.com
We will be holding the same payment options as last year.... The fees are "tentatively" going to be $20 for the first event and $10 for each additional event signed up for! this is LITERALLY 1/3 of the cost of ANY other festival event in the Northeast!!!!
Official Site: http://glenchallenge.com/
Valley Area Mountain Bike Riders: Facebook
Valley Running Club: Facebook